Death of Deco

Have the days of glamour died? It seems so. Walking down the streets of Cincinnati surrounded by beautiful and ornate Art Deco architecture, I can't help to silently wonder why so many people are content to spend their day in a Bengals jersey and sweatpants, completely oblivious to the glamour that used to walk these streets. What happened to the days gone by of old Hollywood style, glittery gowns, fur stoles, pin curls and red, come hither lips? It saddens me that these days have passed, for I feel I am truly an old soul born in the wrong time period. I developed this blog as a tribute to the days of Art Deco, and as a means to step back in time and bring the days of glamour back.

Friday, February 5, 2010

I Heart You Tamara de Lempicka, 1898 - 1980

My favorite artist is Tamara de Lempicka (1898 - 1980.) I have many of her paintings throughout my house. She is known for her beautiful Art Deco portraits. The beauty of her work truly enchants me.



This was her studio where she made  her exquisite magic. 


Here are just a few examples of her work that are my personal favorites.

Portrait of Ira P





Adam and Eve


Auto Portrait

2 comments:

  1. Love Ella , Love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most promising new blog of the year: have a Creative Blogger Award if you'd like one...

    http://www.movietone-news.com/2010/03/blogs-you-may-not-know-about-but-should.html

    ReplyDelete